should be orientated towards satisfying the concrete needs of the
clients. Don’t try and sell them things that they don’t
2. Solve problems. With relational
sales we are trying to find concrete solutions to our clients’
3. Consultancy. The sales person acts
more as a consultant, as an independent expert.
4. Confidence. Relational sales are
based on confidence.
5. Two way communication. The participation
of the client is a fundamental part of the relational sales process.
6. Knowledge of the competition. Is
it essential to know what the clients’ best offers are, therefore
have arguments and possibilities to refute the objections. The best
competitors should serve as a reference point so as to help the
continual company improvements.
7. Obtaining information. Adapting
the service, contributing greater value, providing personalized
solutions and client benefits, demand a deep knowledge.
8. Solving strategic problems.
9. Providing added value. Contributing
added value is key to keep consumers satisfied.
10. Post-sales process. Loyalty and
relational marketing are founded in the post sales process. Communication
and contributing value after the sale is what aids people returning
frequent and double meaning communication with clients.
b) Acknowledgement of how important clients are.
c) Establish client reward programmes. At the same time you should
give the employees incentives to ensure they satisfy the client.
d) The flexibility and capacity to adapt is also essential for relational