4. 7 Circadian rhythm diet (continued)
Breakfast examples for week days
1 fruit juice, 1 skimmed yogurt with cereals, coffee with milk, 1 olympic breakfast with 1 bread tapa, 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese, mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce, and 1 fruit.
fruit salad, 1 hot black bread sandwich (not fat-butter), with broiled egg, jelly with yogurt, coffee with milk or light chocolate milk shake.
1 peach compote, 1 milk dessert (no fat) with cherries, 2 toasts with jam, and 1 omelet with 1 egg and cheese
pineapple, Orange Juice , 1 nut bread sandwich with ham, tomato and olive oil, coffee with milk or cappuccino
fruit milk shake, light chocolate dessert , 1 apple or raisin bread sandwich with pastrami
Orange Juice with a touch of ginger, 2 kebabs with ham (raw), pepper and olive oil, 1 triangle of port cheese with 2 black olives, marbled light cream.
multi-fruit milk shake, 2 slices of cheese with smoked pork and spreadable lean cheese with spices, light yogurt with fruit or shake of light vanilla yogurt with blackberries or raisins.
Other breakfast options:
- rice with milk, with 1 egg, sprinkled with cinnamon.
- potato with 1 teaspoon of roquefort in the microwave
- Cheese Fondue with different type of bread cubes
- pita bread with different fillings of cold meat and cheese
- pancakes or crepes with fillet steak and cheese, or hot or cold lasagna.
- Spanish omelet, pre-cook the potatoes in the microwave and finish them in a Teflon pan, with a little oil.
- Meat tacos, with fresh or canned Pirquilla peppers
- Chapati, corn bread with spreadable light cheese, tomato and basil
- Hot sandwich with gluten or whole-grain bread (not fat-butter)
- Tomato juice with bread croutons baked with olive oil and garlic
- sweet potatoes with syrup.
- maize (corn) barbecued or boiled, with olive oil.
- omelet with peas or maize (corn)
- stuffed eggs: yolk and mashed potatoes or maize (corn) cream with chopped ham and parsley.
- chocolate milkshake with aniseed sponge cake, tapioca with peanuts.
- 1 scoop of light ice-cream with 4 wafers
- 1 cup of cold pasta, for example, fusilli (swirls) with cherry tomatoes and muscatel grapes or raisins, dressed with olive oil or flavoured oil and vinegar.
- Small pizzas (different types) with cheese and lean cold meat.
- Ham and skimmed cheese tart, with tomato, pineapples or apples.
- Oven-baked meat, seafood, or ham and cheese pasty (turnover).
Examples of main courses for this diet:
- Poultry Salpicon (chopped sea food or meat with onion, tomato and peppers), within an abundant leaf salad (lettuce, arugula, roman lettuce, basil, parsley, spinach), with dressing made out of skimmed yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper, and fruit (of the season), with garlic.
- Vegetable cocktail with shrimp (150 gr.). In a large cup or a bowl, put together a flower with slices of cooked beetroot, tomato, cooked carrot, onion (cut into feathers), chopped sweet red peppers and green peppers, and in the middle, orange and peach segments. Place the shrimp to decorate the edge of the cup or bowl.
- Vegetable canneloni, wrapped in pre-cooked cabbage leaves (al dente), covered with bolognese sauce (150 grams of lean meat (chopped))
- sweet red peppers stuffed with vegetables and meat: pumpkin, carrot, onion, cucumber, sweet red peppers (another colour), mushrooms in cubes and lean meat (chopped).
- courgette (zucchini) stuffed with their pulp dressed with sweet red peppers, onion, chopped parsley with egg and cheese.
- Correntino pumpkin: cooked marrow (squash) in its skin, covered with fresh tomatoes and basil sauce.
- Ratatouille: vegetables cut into in slices and placed in layers one on top of the other, oven-baked.
- vegetable stew with tomatoes sauce and seasoned with saffron or paprika.
- Chop suey: white cabbage, carrot, sweet red peppers, olives and onion, grated into a thick shape and steam-baked vegetables (you can add soy sprouts and a touch of olive oil and soy sauce)
- sauteed vegetables with garlic in olive oil or with a little wine or soy sauce.
- vegetables baked in slices, strips or halves, for example, sweet red peppers, marrow (squash), aubergine (eggplant), courgette (zucchini).